Build your own Technology landscape
As a marketeer you need to understand where you market is moving. You nurture the relationship with leads and customers. You keep a close eye on your competitors. You watch new technologies and innovative players that enter the market. Traditional reports are outdated by the time they are published.Data crunching is time consuming. The myriad of 3rd party data sources offer exactly the information you are looking for, but unfortunately it is hard to aggregate the data.
Here below you find a quick overview of how DataScouts helps to turn an excel list into a live stream of market information by automating the data workflow and connecting the most relevant data sources for your specific use case. By doing so, you stay informed and your database stays up to par.
Demonstrator - Marketing Technology Space
I am a fan of ChiefMarTech ever since Scott Brinker started his blog in 2008. Over the past decade, technology has completely overhauled the metier of a marketeer. There is a tool for every aspect in the life of a marketeer from developing your marketing strategy, over managing the marketing mix, to building a remarkable customer experience. Marketing has undoubtedly become a technology-powered discipline.
The Marketing Technology landscape developed by Scott contains 7000+ different vendors. It is immensely difficult and time-consuming to keep up with the pace of change. We configured a DataScouts to visualise the MarTech ecosystem as a demonstrator of our technology for mapping a technology space.
EXPLORE THE LANDSCAPE
Step 1: Define your market
- Advertising & Promotion: 918 vendors divided over 7 subcategories, with Mobile Marketing being the largest subgroup.
- Commerce & Sales: 1253 vendors divided over 6 subcategories
- Content & Experience: 1751 vendors divided over 10 subcategories, of which 292 in Marketing Automation & Campaign/lead Management
- Data: 1110 companies divided in 9 subcategories of which Business/Customer Intelligence & Data Science leads with 234 vendors
- Management: the smallest segment with 459 vendors over 7 subcategories
- Social & Relationships: 1651 vendors split over 10 subcategories of which Social Media Marketing & Monitoring is the largest with 334 companies
Step 2: Upload, enrich and visualise your list of relevant actors
JOIN OUR DATA CATALOGUE
We are always looking to extend our data catalogue with 3rd party data sources. If you have relevant data that would help our customer stay ahead of competition, let’s talk!
Step 3: Clean up the duplicates and zombies in your database
- suggesting the most suitable classification
- highlighting potential duplicate actors
- identifying actors with no recent online activities.
Step 4: Establish a continuous stream of market information
- news articles and publications
- patent filings
- funding, mergers & acquisitions
- event attendance
Step 5: Invite stakeholders to contribute
- Claim and update your company to ensure your company is properly represented
- Add your company to the landscape