Economic analysis of the HealthTech industry in Brussels
Mapping the HealthTech ecosystem of Brussels is an initiative of lifetech.brussels (part of impulse.brussels).
The ecosystem mapping is a result of an economical analysis of the HealthTech sector, which is moving at a rapid pace with the rise of new technologies such as wearables.
Brussels' HealthTech Ecosystem
The economic analysis of the Brussels HealthTech industry focused on business-to-business activity, i.e. companies producing, distributing or providing services to other companies in the health sector as well as companies active in eHealth. Enterprises dealing directly and physically with end-users or patients were not taken into account for this economical analysis.
The Brussels HealthTech industry, that is covered in the analysis, included the following domains:
- (Bio)Pharma: Companies dealing with the production and distribution of pharmaceutical products. Distribution includes wholesale but not retail activities.
- Medical devices and equipment: Companies dealing with the production and distribution of medical devices and equipment.
- eHealth: Companies dealing with digital health products and services. Includes: remote diagnostics, remote rehabilitation, social networks for patients/physicians, mobile applications.
- Support Services: Companies dealing with contract research organizations, contract manufacturing organizations, logistics companies (cfr. cell therapy companies), and other companies 100% specialised in and dedicated to services to HealthTech companies.
- Other: Companies supporting HealthTech companies but not 100% specialised in or dedicated to HealthTech. E.g., consulting, recruitment, lawyers, intellectual property offices.