The Tech Startup Ecosystem in Belgium
The Belgian Tech Startup Ecosystem is evolving rapidly. Startupsbe, as the one-stop-shop for Belgian tech entrepreneurship, unites startups with incubators & accelerators, startup communities, investors, entrepreneurial experts and public agencies.
The mapping of the startup ecosystem provides an interactive visualization of all involved actors and their interconnectedness. The Ecosystem Analytics helps Startups.be to monitor the heartbeat of the Belgian Tech Startup ecosystem. An accurate view of the trends and evolutions of the startup ecosystem allows Startups.be to provide entrepreneurs access to appropriate instruments, programs, and activities throughout Belgium, to develop win-win relationships between the different stakeholders in the startup ecosystem and last but not least provide the #BeTech startups with a voice that resonates at all policy levels.
Belgian Tech Startup Ecosystem
The Belgian tech startup ecosystem is a fast moving and rapidly maturing ecosystem. By implementing the DataScouts Ecosystem Intelligence Platform, Startups.be aims to capture and visualize the evolution of most of the tech companies founded in Belgium over the last decades, to monitor their growth and provide insights in how they are connected to enablers and investors facilitating them throughout the different stages of their venture.
Startups.be is collecting information about:
- Products and solutions the startups are developing
- The founding team and their track record in building scalable startups
- Startup's go-to-market strategy, the main channel and the geographical reach
- The industry or business activities the startup aims to disrupt or streamline
- The location of the startups and how they are embedded in their local ecosystem
- Technologies startups are adopting and the IPR they own
- Accelerators, universities and research institutes that enable the incubation of the startups
- The investors who are fueling the startups' growth
The capability to handle scarcity of time, resources and money while validating product market fit and running against time to market describes the daily endeavours of an entrepreneur. Startups.be aims to provide entrepreneurs at each stage of their development with the appropriate keys to unlock the resources available in the startup ecosystem and provide access to experts, customers and funding. Entrepeneurs are invited to register to data.startups.be and contribute to building collective knowledge about the drivers and enablers for startup success in Belgium.