By now, you’re probably bored about GDPR. The last couple of weeks (and months), you got a gazillion emails to agree to new terms and conditions, or subscribed to newsletters and forms. BUT what could someone find about you right now?
As aggregating data sources and creating instant profiles is our core business, we want to show you what can be found about your company (information that is most likely used right now by other companies to compete or seduce you).
What can be found about you?
You are more aware about the fact that there is a lot of digital information available about yourself, your company, the events you are going to.. DataScouts can show you what ‘the internet’ knows about you (without any cost or obligation of course).
At the same time, we will let you know what the DataScouts marketing team knows about you and how users can find you on our public platforms (and how you can remove it).
This new feature will be launched on our website next week.
WHY DATASCOUTS IS GDPR compliant
The protection of data and collecting it an ethical way has always been a priority at DataScouts. We don’t own or sell data. We collect and aggregate data. To be fully in line with the GDPR law, we took the following steps:
- Services and solutions: We did a big recheck and made sure all our third parties (data providers, cloud provider, servers, CRM, …) are GDPR compliant as well.
- Right to be forgotten: All users can delete all their claimed company and users profiles whenever they wish
- Data Protection Impact Assessment: Although we don’t process sensitive data, we made the choice to perform a preliminary risk assessment, which had a very positive outcome
- Documentation & processes: our data flows are documented, including an action plan in case of data loss
- Data Protection Officer: Our DPO is responsible for overseeing the data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements.